.

.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


Friday, February 28, 2014

38 weeks 4 days pregnant

Today I'm feeling extremely swollen and pregnant.  I will post a picture later of my poor ankles (or rather cankles lol.) I look like I have elephant legs because of all the fluid I'm retaining.   I have been having sporadic contractions all day, but nothing to be alarmed about.  I was kind of hoping she would be a February baby :) but it's really not looking that way at all. March 2nd is Drew's birthday, and  March 5th is Jessica and Raylen's birthday.....maybe she will share a birthday with one of them :)  I'm getting so nervous and anxious to have her here.   It's funny because a lot of newly expecting moms I know are more nervous about taking care of a newborn and everything that comes with that package, but personally, I am more nervous and anxious about the process of GETTING HER OUT. Once she's here I think I'll be able to handle anything ;) Don't quote me on that a month from now when I'm grumpy and sleep deprived though.

In regards to my lovely beach day I had a couple days ago.........I have sincerely paid for that amazing 3 hours laying on my belly in the sand!!!  I did not stop and consider the fact that my shoulders and the backs of my legs have not seen sun basically since I got pregnant, because I didn't know about the "digging the hole in the sand for the belly" trick.  So Wednesday,  I didn't stop and think that I shouldn't be exposed long because I'd probably sunburn.  I fell asleep.  And stayed that way for close to three hours!  I have not had a sunburn probably in 3-4 years, and I forgot how painful they are!!! Wednesday evening I barely slept.  Yesterday, I was miserable as well.  I got home from babysitting and soaked in a cold bath, and then put aloe all over my legs and shoulders.  Today, I've definitely improved, but I have to say that I'm extremely thankful Skylee hasn't decided to show up in the past couple of days!!! I cannot imagine trying to handle this sunburn ON TOP OF trying to push this little girl out into the world.

Had my CN1 exam on Tuesday.  Still haven't received the grade, and I'm very anxious about it.  None of us feel like we did very well.  I can't waste time worrying about that, because I have a Pharmacology exam this coming Tuesday (provided Skylee doesn't show before then).  So this entire week has been filled with studying these drugs!

I am doing my best to stay on top of posting at least every other day.  That way when she does come I won't have to catch up on the events that led up to her delivery. :)  

We can't wait to meet our little miracle baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment