.

.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


Tuesday, February 25, 2014

38 Weeks and Beyond Ready to Meet Our Skylee Rae!!!!

I distinctly remember when I was around 20 weeks pregnant, saying "I'm really hoping that when the time goes, I will go all the way to my due date (March 10th) or even a little bit late. That way everything coordinates with my exams and with spring break."  

Fast forward 18 weeks..........I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!!!!! :)   I'm beyond ready to have this little girl in my arms.  The pregnancy has really gone well overall. I can't complain. I've been extremely blessed.  That being said, though, around 36 weeks, things really took a turn and I've had a really hard time keeping up in clinicals and things of that nature.  I've been in quite a lot of pain since then (to the point where I can't get out of bed without Daniel's help, or the pain is unbearable), but like I said, I can't complain. In the end she will be very worth it.  

Monday I had contractions all day sporadically.  I was even able to time them Monday night, but they didn't end up being anything exciting.

Today I have again been having sporadic contractions.  I had a talk with Skylee and told her she better not pull any surprises!!! I need to know when she's coming WAY AHEAD OF TIME, so Mom and Bentley have time to drive 7 hours to get here!!! :)  In my dream world, I would go to a routine doctor's appointment, she would see some sign that labor has started or is starting, and I would have plenty of time to get Mom down here. :)  I guess we will see how it REALLY ends up going.

I have my 38 week appointment tomorrow morning at 9:45.  Two weeks ago, at my 36 week appointment, they took me off the pre-term meds, and she checked me. I was not dilated at all, but I was 50% effaced (which I was surprised about because of being on the meds).  I'm curious to see if I've made any progression since then.  I'm hoping I have.....then I won't feel like all this pain has been for nothing. ;)

Daniel and I have a lucky day off together tomorrow, and I'm really excited to spend some time with him. (Who knows, it could be the last date for a little while!)  We're going to my appointment, then a breakfast date, and then maybe the beach if the mood so strikes. :)  I will make sure I post an update regarding how the appointment goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment