.

.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Doctor's Appointment Update

So I'm a little bummed out today. :(  Had my doctor's appointment this morning, and there's been no change since my appointment two weeks ago. I'm still 50% effaced, cervix is short but not opened yet.  I know that doesn't always mean anything......those things can change in the matter of minutes.  But I was hoping that since I've been in such incredible pain the past two weeks, I'd have SOMETHING to show for it?? :/

Oh well.  I'm a little discouraged, but at the end of the day,  we ultimately want what is best for Skylee's health.

Aside from that, I had a lovely day.  Daniel and I haven't had a day off together in I don't know how long!  We went to breakfast at IHOP, did a little shopping (and bought me a birth ball because I've heard such good recommendations about them relieving labor pain), and then spent our afternoon at the beach!  He dug a hole in the sand and I laid on top of the hole with my belly inside of it (so that I could get some sun on my back and legs).  I haven't been able to lay on my stomach in probably a good 5-6 months!!! It was sooo comfy that I fell asleep.   :)  While I was lazy, enjoyed his afternoon snorkeling and lobstering.  We had such a nice time together.  :)  I'm glad we got to do that.  Never know when Skylee is going to get here, and who knows when our next date will be after that! ;)  

Tomorrow is back to the grindstone.  I have to babysit tomorrow and Friday,and he works both jobs so I won't see him until Saturday.  I also have another exam on Tuesday, so I will be spending the rest of my week studying for that.  

Oh, before I close, I wanted to share something Daniel told me today. I thought it was the cutest thing ever! :)  We were talking about Skylee coming, and my school, and just life in general, and he mentioned that he thinks Skylee is going to be an extremely smart baby.  He wasn't being sarcastic or joking; we were having a legitimate conversation.  I asked him why he thought that, and he said he thinks it because of the fact that I've been in nursing school the whole time carrying her.  He said "Of course she won't be born spitting out medical facts, but I really think all that you're learning and hearing and seeing and doing is going to affect her neurological development."   :)  I thought it was just the sweetest and cutest thing that he was thinking that much in depth to that. I haven't even given it much thought!  I guess we will see if we happen to have a genius baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment