.

.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2nd - 5 Weeks 0 Days Pregnant

Well, now that I've gotten the past couple days "up to date" I can stop writing in past tense.  :)

I didn't sleep well last night.  I have been having alot of cramps and even though the doctor told me that it's not abnormal to have cramps, I keep thinking something bad is going to happen and I just have to prepare myself for that. Daniel went and got me a bagel for breakfast this morning.  So far I haven't been having any nauseous feelings. I am a little tired, but not exhausted like some women are at this point.  Some of the symptoms I have been feeling is alot of lower back pain, stomach cramps,  and my boobs are very sore and swollen. 

Today I have been expecting a call from the doctor's office about my HCG levels.  My original numbers were 34, so the doctor told me that if they double or close to double that means everything is normal.  I held my phone in my hand the entire morning, but I received no phone call. It was driving me crazy.  Finally about ten minutes to one,  my phone rang and I recognized the number from the doctor's office.  I walked outside (since no one else knows yet I don't want to ruin the surprise) and I heard my doctor's voice on the line.  I immediately got a sinking feeling, thinking I was going to get bad news. That was because the past two times they've called, it was just the nurse letting me know the results.  Since it was the doctor, I figured they had bad news.   Contrary to my expectations, my doctor said everything seemed fine at this point. She said my number was 54, and though it hadn't quite doubled, she was pleased with the increase.  That really set my mind at ease.  Now I just feel like I need to relax, and not do anything at all for the next 7 weeks till I am out of the "danger zone" for a miscarriage. I know that God's timing is perfect and if He intends this pregnancy to end positively, He will allow that to happen regardless of how much I sit on the couch and do absolutely nothing. :/ It's just hard not having any control over something that I want so badly.

Well I guess that's enough for now.  I'll be on here every day updating how this Mommy is feeling and how the little one is progressing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment