.

.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thinking back on May 1st

I got up and went to the doctor's office to take more blood work.  When I got there they told me that my HCG levels were 34 which meant I was still very early in pregnancy. According to my LMP, they set me at 4 weeks 6 days along with a due date of January 3rd.  They redrew blood and told me they would be calling me tomorrow, or May 2nd to let me know if my levels were doubling like they were supposed to.  I googled "normal HCG levels", and every site I looked at it seemed like people's levels were soooo much higher.  I began getting that sinking feeling again, and started telling myself that things are already "not right" and I'm gonna be disappointed.  I am already a part of "The Bump" which is a website for pregnant women or women trying to get pregnant, and there is a community discussion board on there.  I decided to write about my HCG levels and see if the girls felt like they were something to be concerned about.  Everyone basically had the same response,which was "the number doesn't matter as much as the increasing/doubling pattern".  So....more waiting games. Just have to wait until tomorrow when they call and tell me what my new HCG levels were. 

Even though I have alot of negative expectations and fears, I can't help but be excited and can't wait to tell our families and my closest friends.  We've decided to tell our Mom's on Mother's Day, as well as the rest of our family members.  We will probably make it "Facebook official" after I get my 7 week ultrasound to make sure everything is normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment