.

.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thinking Back on April 28th

My alarm had gone off right before 7.  Still quite groggy, I was mad at myself for setting the alarm so early........until I remembered why I had set it that early.  I quietly slipped out of bed, making sure I didn't wake up Daniel.  The last thing I wanted was for him to have to deal with an emotional, disappointed wife at 7 in the morning. I snuck to the bathroom, peed on the stick, and set it on the counter. 

I had to make myself pick the stick back up and look at it. The thing is, I was already convinced that what I had seen yesterday was just an "evap line", and it meant absolutely nothing.  I finally picked it up, and wiped my eyes to make sure I wasn't imagining things.  I was seeing the same thing as yesterday.


I was still telling myself that it was not real......and I was not allowing myself to even feel remote excitement. I've gotten so used to being afraid of disappointment that I stop myself before I get that far.  

Once again, I didn't mention this to Daniel. I figured I'd go in to the doctors the following day and see what they said before I made a big deal about it.

Once again........had to play the waiting game.  The human mind does crazy things to a person in a 24 hour time period where one is just waiting for news that they've already determined to be reality in their mind.  Still I had just a glimmer of hope that just maybe things would be different this time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment