.

.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers


Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thinking back on April 30th

I got up with Daniel and we did what we do every morning that he's not working.  I get my breakfast, he gets his coffee, and we sit on the couch and watch all the Judge shows or The Price is Right. About 10:30 a.m., my phone rang, and I recognize that it was the doctor's office.  I walked outside with the phone, and answered the phone with dread, because I already knew what was about to be said.  The nurse got on the phone and said, "You were absolutely right. Your blood test came back a definite positive!"  I think I zoned out or something, because she had to ask if I was still on the line.  I snapped back to reality, and said "Are you serious?????" She laughed, and said "Yes ma'am. It's weird that it didn't show up on the urine test but you're definitely pregnant.  We're gonna re-run the test to check what your HCG levels are, and we want you to come in tomorrow so we can recheck your levels and see if your pregnancy is progressing like it is supposed to."  I was dumbfounded.  Speechless, and yet had so many thoughts flowing through my head at once. I started crying, and shaking, and I told her, "Wait. Be honest with me. You can't get a false positive with a blood test right? I don't want to get my hopes and then be disappointed." She just laughed and said "Honey, you're definitely pregnant."   I hung up the phone and stayed outside for a few minutes trying to gather my bearings because I didn't want that to be the way Daniel found out. I had something special that I had tucked in the back of mind for when I told him we were having our first little one. When I felt like I had my emotions composed, I came back inside, and Daniel immediately asked "Was that the doctor? Is everything okay?"  A couple weeks back I had gone to the doctor for some female issues, and had my regular annual check up.  So in his mind it wasn't unusual for them to be calling.  I quickly told him that it was the doctor, and they were just letting me know that my annual PAP came back normal.  :) He smiled and told me that was great, and dropped the subject. 

We had made plans to go out shopping and go for lunch this day, which didn't allow me any time apart from him to go out and get the things I needed to get in order to announce the pregnancy to him.  That's why when he told me his boss called him in for 2 hours of training, I wasn't the least bit disappointed.  As soon as I dropped him off, I quickly went down town to find a conch shell.  The reason I needed the shell is because when Daniel proposed to me, it was on the beach with "Will You Marry Me?" painted on a conch shell.  So I had always wanted to tell him I was pregnant in a similar way.  I finally found the shell, then went to K-MART and picked up black paint and a pack of paintbrushes so I could paint the words on the shell.  As you can see by the picture below, the words are kind of sloppy because I was doing the painting in the back seat of my car. Oh well....it got the job done :)  As soon as I got it painted, I went to the resort that Daniel works at and walked back to the beach and laid in a hammock.  I placed the shell under the hammock and text him to come get me whenever he got off work.  He finally walked back there, and he immediately asked about the shell under the hammock. I told him that I had found it, and wanted to take it with me.  He was like, "Babe we can't take that it belongs to the resort! I could get in big trouble."  I grabbed my purse and told him to just sneak it into my purse and no one would see it.  I finally convinced him to pick up the shell, and when he did he turned it over, and saw the words on it. He stared at the shell in silence for what seemed like eternity, then looked up, and said, "Are you serious?!?!?" I immediately started crying and he wrapped his arms around me and teared up himself.  I told him that the doctor had called and confirmed this morning.  He laughed and told me "Oh so you lied to me this morning huh???"   Long story short, we had quite a special moment and I was ecstatic that my plan had worked out so well. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment